Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Habits and New Beginnings

Not long ago I was in a meeting discussing how to turn a company around.  Answers were flying around the table from the executive committee.  Each idea was scribe on a huge black board as hours ticked away. The Chairman of the Board sat there quietly listening, saying nothing but it was evident he had a point of view.  He did not want to take over the meeting and yet he had a lot of money invested in the company.  The time came time for Chairman to leave for the airport. When I got back to my office there was a book on my desk, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.  I've probably read it 5 times already but the point is to change a habit you have to consciously focus on the change so you swap one habit for another.

Vegetable Alchemy and its related food energy to body science is growing into a tiny sound business.  And like anything in life and business, it and me are going through growing pains. This graph sometimes helps me find my way. Changing habits in business and self is hard. But the end result is a whole new beginning.. 

Below, I repeat a yesterday post from LinkedIn, as it goes hand in hand as a next step from changing habits. 'Focus' as explained is key to goals and goal setting.  Enjoying the journey is another. Hopefully you enjoy what you do as much as I do as its makes the journey worthwhile.

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140707144749-8353952-the-one-word-answer-to-why-bill-gates-and-warren-buffett-have-been-so-successful?trk=tod-home-art-list-large_0
 
If at first you don't succeed take a look at the premise, the habits, the many types of focus and try, try again. Build confidence. Associate with people who want you to succeed. We, you and me can do it!  Press On!
The Vegetable Alchemist.


No comments:

Post a Comment