Thursday, August 7, 2014

One Sea Vegetable Loves Tomatoes

nori flavored tomato and mixed greens
Summer tomato salads make it to the top of the list for me.  Refreshing, colorful, fast, versatile as a one dish, side dish or garnish on meat, fish, poultry, meats and pork.

There are a couple of items to remember in making warm or cold BABY tomato salads.  When warm at least you can get away with a quick saute or simple blanching to soften skins.  Cold, I suggest cutting them as you don't have to chase the little shapes around the plate or bowl, and they are a whole lot easier to fork with or without greens.  You can see I test this in the photo and believe me, a spoon is the only solution to leaving baby tomatoes whole. And if marinated, they do not soften as well whole.
make time to cut in half when serving cold






I added chopped, flaked NORI to make a quik farmer's tomato and greens snack dressed with a touch of lemon juice and few drops of sunflower oil.

Tomatoes get a nutritional  density score of 190 and the nori addition ups the anti with its own 209.   I love the flavor and sea vegetable toastiness.  Puts me right back in the water diving! The Vegetable Alchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment