Monday, August 13, 2012

Smooooth....Ease

Delicious any time am, afternoon or post workout!
Being a Vegetable Alchemist I want to know more about what and why I am eating.  I prepare food at home as often as I can and follow sites that include fitness and body care.  I have always been one to approach those meals and what I chose at eateries with my interest in linking choices to 'body smart food.'  This is one fast prep I saw in a skin care blog.  I did not have a few of the ingredients such as the almond milk and coconut oil.  However I just used a great almond meal I had and some coconut water.  It gets rancid fast so keep it tighly sealed and possibly refrigerated.  A small amount of coconut oil is great to have on hand. I missed the great Omega opt with it as the oil it is full 'medium chain fatty acids' according to Perricone, the author of the note on this.  Because of that it increases circulation and with the avocado and rest of the ingredients the end smoothie is chocked with with healthy fats and protein you can 'bank on.'

Meal Occasion:  Breakfast, Snack, Post Workout  
Benefits:             Skin tone and freshness
Prep Time:         10 min
Blend Time:         2 min
Serves:                  2

Ingredients:
4-6 oz. unsweetened almond milk
1 c. frozen pineapple pieces
1 sm. piece avocado (about 1/5 of a lg. avocado or ¼ of a sm. one)
1 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tbsp. coconut oil
Dash vanilla extract
2-4 ice cubes
4-6 oz. water, or coconut water

Method
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment