Friday, April 18, 2014

Tasty Swim Food


Cucumber Gazpacho with White Grapes.....YUM!
I love to swim.  Regardless of being in water, you get a bit dehydrated as you burn a lot of energy.  So before I go at it, I guzzle a glass of two of clear refreshing water.  But when done the last couple of days I planned the time for gazpacho!  This time, green. 5 minutes of peel, chop, and blend and I have a few glasses or bowls of a fantastic savory chilled soup. For those of you who think a clove of garlic is not much, I would start with half a clove, as the garlic carryies an extended flavor from the addition of the olive oil. 

Cucumber Gazpacho
Puree 4 cups of peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber with  1  1/2 cups sliced green grapes, a handful of parsley leaves, 1 clove of garlic, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 tbl. white vinegar, 1/3 cup blanched slivered almonds and  1 to 1 1/2  cups water.  Season with a touch of coarse sea salt.   Blend adding a touch more water and reseason depending on the cucumbers.
 
Serve chilled with your favorite crisps.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment