Tuesday, September 11, 2012

All Kale the Caesar!

The last weeks of Summer I have been on the road in search of great greens.  Without question Kale comes to the top.  Fun, nutritious, flavorful and flexible, I encounter scads and scads of endless possibilities with this leafy, functionally fabulous, tasty gem.  http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2461/2

Baby Kale Caesar
With so many varieties and perfect for a late Fall crop that survives the frost, larger versions sometimes take long cooking or chop coarsely and cook lightly with garlic, olive oil and a touch of lemon.  With high protein content it is a no brainer to add to meat, poultry and fish recipes.  But coming from a restaurant family who prided itself on fine dining to coffee shop flair, I can safely say that my father's tableside Caesar Salad is an excellent opportunity to showcase Kale. I sought out some baby kale mix for what is a great expression of this classical dish.  You should do the same.

Too bad I cannot share that homeboy Caesar recipe of my Dad's at this time.  But......I know each of you has that special twist you like to add when in comes to bringing forkfulls of Caesar Salad to life.
All Kale The Caesar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment